Why You Should Use Concrete Polishing In Your Home or Business
A polished concrete floor looks great, is low maintenance and can save you money compared to other types of flooring. Polished concrete floors have a longer life, are easy to maintain and are safer with non-slip surfaces. Concrete polishing can be used in almost any area of the home or work well for commercial applications, including:
- Mud rooms
- Laundry Rooms
- Auto service businesses
- Retail businesses
- Hospitals and other health care facilities
The innovations in the ability to polish, color and seal concrete have enabled this flooring option to compete with slate, granite and other natural stones at a fraction of the cost.
Benefits of Polished Concrete Floors
The advantages of using polished concrete flooring in your space are many. Polished concrete provides:
- Sustainability – sealed concrete has a very low impact on the environment and produces low VOCs.
- Low maintenance – polished concrete floors are the easiest flooring to take care of and resists scuffs and stains.
- Excellent value – nearly all buildings come with a concrete slab so the overall expense to create a polished floor is much less than any other type of flooring option.
- Greater durability – done right, a polished concrete floor can last over 100 years and will resist moisture, rot, scratches and dents.
- Versatility – polished concrete can be made to match nearly any color or style you imagine.
Polished Concrete Process
Making sure your polished concrete floor looks amazing starts with our rigorous process that we perform on each and every job.
After the concrete is initially poured, it makes a soft layer on the top of the concrete as it cures. This softer layer needs to be ground off to make the polish last longer. Once the first layer is removed, a series of finer grit polishes are used to polish the concrete. By understanding the various polished concrete levels, you can visualize what the final result will look like.
- 200 Industrial Grit Polish
- 400 Grit Polish
- 800 Grit Polish
- Grind, Stained and Sealed
- Grind and Sealed
The next step is to apply a chemical hardener which makes the concrete denser and makes it dust-proof. The end result is a beautiful floor that is low maintenance and will save you money!
Contact us now: (714) 499-7386 or request a quote via email: email@example.com. We service Orange County, San Bernardino, Riverside, Los Angeles, and San Diego County.